One of the most powerful and valuable assets overlooked by seniors housing and real estate professionals is that of the business to business relationship (B to B).
Not only are B to B relationships key in fulfilling the client service role, but it is also critical in developing reciprocal opportunities for longterm marketing, lead generation, and sales.
In the Seniors Real Estate Institute courses for the Certified Senior Housing Professional designation, we focus a large segment of our time on the development of a world class resource team to help support the senior housing professional as they serve senior clients. This resource team is at the heart of the Professional Platform crucial to the senior housing professional.
Developing a Professional Platform
Made up of intentional business to business connections with other like-minded professionals such as small business owners, sales counselors, community relations managers, C-level executives, and other senior service professionals, a Professional Platform serves to not only facilitate the effective delivery of client services, but to establish validity in the aging services arena as well.
A senior housing professional’s business to business professional platform is essentially a sub-section of their overall personal platform, but with a few very specific key differences:
- More time, effort, and consistency is required to create meaningful relationships
- Experience, skill, and knowledge are more heavily weighted
- There is an expectation of value reciprocity
- Validity comes with personal proven track record
- Corporate structures can hamper cooperative efforts
Benefits of a Professional Platform
Despite the initial time and effort required to establish a solid professional platform, the benefits are great. Here are a few of the advantages:
- Professional contacts create leverage
- Cooperative efforts often expand marketing exposure and reach
- Strategic partners enhance your value proposition
- Collaboration with like-minded people creates synergy and enhances creativity
- Resources service are made available with a higher sense of urgency
- Lead conversions ratios improve when referred by trusted advisors
- Referral sources are often positioned to refer more leads into your lead funnel
- B to B connections can be a springboard for your Public Platform
Just as their are subcategories of the Personal Platform, a person’s Professional Platform will also include relationships with varying levels of priority. As you build your platform, you will want to begin to identify those who are most critical to your network and those who are less so.
You will spend the majority of your time and resources maintaining high priority relationships while cultivating new ones and strengthening those with the most potential.
|Nikki Buckelew is the Founder and CEO of the Seniors Real Estate Institute and administrator for the Certified Senior Housing Professional® (CSHP) designation. A veteran REALTOR® of over two decades, she holds a bachelor’s degree in gerontology and a master’s degree in counseling psychology. As a professional speaker, coach, and trainer, Nikki is committed to empowering, equipping, and educating real estate sales and senior housing professionals seeking to better serve the mature market segment.