Spending a little time today looking forward. Thinking about all the amazing things in store for the New Year. Instead of worrying about the "Fiscal Cliff" or what Congress will decide about this matter or that, I decided that I would focus on things that will make a positive difference in the lives of others - things that I have control over.
Danielle LaPorte calls it "Visioneering." I like that term, so that is what I have started calling it.
Although I intellectually know that it isn’t really necessary for me to look to the past year in order to create my future vision, it is necessary for me to note the progress and the accomplishments during that time in order to be in gratitude and appreciation.
It puts me in a positive energy space as I create my future vision.
Over the past 12 months, we have made major strides in our businesses. We have also chosen some major life shifts in order to be in alignment with our values and priorities. This isn't the place to talk about the "accomplishments list" - to me this is a very personal process and one I only share with my husband, business partners, and my coach.
I do, however, want to share a few of the things we envision for the coming year. Most are already in the works or are ready to launch following the holidays, but some are still a only a seed that I trust will begin to sprout and grow as we continue to go with the flow.
- Add value to our coaching clients, course participants, colleagues, collaborators, members, and inner circle.
- Become the coaching and training company of choice for senior housing professionals committed to serving seniors and creating joyfully profitable businesses.
- Host regular live workshops, mastermind events, tele-courses, and video trainings.
- Share the newly developed Certified Senior Housing Professional (CSHP®) with thousands of real estate agents and brokers across North America.
- Offer hundreds of free tools and resources to our members and followers via our website.
- Collaborate with other like minded professionals in the senior housing and aging services industry to create amazing offerings for seniors and senior housing professionals.
This is only the tip of the iceberg and so much more is in store for 2013. Even as I sit here typing this I am realizing that we are positioned to help change the lives of so many people in the coming year and it gives me goose bumps (in Oklahoma we called these chilly bumps).
- Enjoy time with Baby Layla and the kids as often as possible.
- Socialize with friends regularly and laugh a lot.
- Spend several weeks throughout the year on our boat in and around the Florida Keys.
- Travel back to Oklahoma for holidays and special occasions - and just because.
- Exercise and eat healthy.
- Take time off to enjoy nature and disconnect from technology.
- Invest and spend money wisely.
- Continue to meditate, read, and breathe - purposefully.
- Love everyone.
I wish I could share with you everything that I see in my vision for 2013, but frankly, the blog police would frown on such a long post.
One more thought
The same will be true of next year just as it has been true of the previous 12 months. So many more beautiful, surprising, amazing, and blessed things will happen than even I can conceive of.
How do I know this? I know this because as long as I continue to live in alignment with my values, whatever happens is EXACTLY the right thing - at the right time - for the right reason. This is proven true in my life time and time again.
I trust that some goals will hit the mark and some will fall short. I also expect that there will be course corrections, new opportunities, and an abundance of creativity ahead of us.
Different feels good
Yes, this year’s process of setting intentions rather than goals, giving gratitude rather than feeling shame, and trusting rather than worrying about what lies ahead is refreshing - it lights my Soul on Fire and it gives me peace.
What about you?
Have you reflected on the previous year and given thanks for all the amazing things in your life?
Does your goal setting process bring you joy?
Have you created a vision for your life and business going forward?
If so - WAY TO GO. If not, then isn’t it about time you try a new approach?
Call or email us today to schedule a complimentary introductory coaching call and begin the New Year with new perspective. 239-449-6721.
And if you are an experienced senior housing professional (Realtor or other service provider), we would love to invite you to participate in our Senior Housing Professionals Mastermind. Limited to 12 participants, so send your application today!
Nikki Buckelew is the Founder and CEO of the Seniors Real Estate Institute, a coaching and training company specializing in senior real estate and housing and administrator for the Certified Senior Housing Professional® (CSHP) designation. Buckelew is also the Co-Founder and President of NikkiandChris.com Coaching and Training, a coaching and training company specializing in real estate, leadership, and life coaching for Realtors, brokers, and leaders with SoulFire.
|Nikki Buckelew is the Founder and CEO of the Seniors Real Estate Institute and administrator for the Certified Senior Housing Professional® (CSHP) designation. A veteran REALTOR® of over two decades, she holds a bachelor’s degree in gerontology and a master’s degree in counseling psychology. As a professional speaker, coach, and trainer, Nikki is committed to empowering, equipping, and educating real estate sales and senior housing professionals seeking to better serve the mature market segment.